help with windows movie maker

IngBing 20:51 14 May 2005

I have made a slide show of photos complete with transitions and titles copied it all to a cd but cd will only play on computer not on dvd player does anyone out there have any suggestions as to how I can transfer the slide show onto a cd that will play in a dvd player.

ps I have tried importing the finished slide show into the latest version of nero 6 but nero 6 basically said no!

thanks in advance

stalion 20:57 14 May 2005

you need to burn the cd as vcd or svcd but this will still only play on your dvd player if it is supported.Your dvd player manual should tell you what formats it can play

IngBing 21:02 14 May 2005

stalion

thanks for the quick reply but how do I burn a vcd I have tried doing this with nero 6 but nero 6 would not import the windows movie maker slide show

TOPCAT® 21:05 14 May 2005

a different software program to produce the CD for viewing on DVD. Have a look at the link below for guidance - scroll down to the FAQs which may help you. TC.

click here

stalion 21:13 14 May 2005

try the free version of this
click here

IngBing 21:15 14 May 2005

TOPCAT®
Thanks TOPCAT® I'll give it a go. Any other suggestions will be most gratefully received.

Border Collie 21:20 14 May 2005

Save your 'movie' as High Quality Video PAL in other settings. Then with Nero burn as CD - Video CD.

To burn to DVD save as DV AVI(PAL)then DVD - DVD Video.

In the case of DVD's I would suggest you save for example Holiday 2003, then 2004, then Wedding pics etc etc. You can then add buttons to your DVD to enable you to choose which you would like to view.

Regarding CD Videos, transitions are not such a good idea as they can detract from the photos whereas movies are complimented by them.

Border Collie 21:20 14 May 2005

Save your 'movie' as High Quality Video PAL in other settings. Then with Nero burn as CD - Video CD.

To burn to DVD save as DV AVI(PAL)then DVD - DVD Video.

In the case of DVD's I would suggest you save for example Holiday 2003, then 2004, then Wedding pics etc etc. You can then add buttons to your DVD to enable you to choose which you would like to view.

Regarding CD Videos, transitions are not such a good idea as they can detract from the photos whereas movies are complimented by them.

IngBing 21:21 14 May 2005

stalion

Thanks for the link it looks hopeful, I have just downloaded the trial version of deep burner pro I will try it out and if it works I will tick resolved if not I will post again tomorrow.

IngBing 21:26 14 May 2005

Border Collie

Thanks Border Collie but I am not sure if I have correctly posed the question I have made a slide show with windows movie maker of individual photos linked by transitions. So it is only small and will not even half fill a cd never mind a dvd and it is not a movie so I am not sure your solution will work. I am now going to try deep burner pro and have a mess with that.

Border Collie 21:36 14 May 2005

IngBing, sorry, slight misunderstanding there.

However, if you save your 'movie'(slide show) in Moviemaker as High Resolution PAL, then start Nero and choose CD - CD Video. Drag and drop your slide show then burn, it will work fine on both your computer and in your DVD player. If you are unsure about this, test using a CD-RW disc to save wasting a CD-R.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?