Help Windows Live is not working!!!

julius44 19:57 10 Nov 2008

i i'm really sorry i've had to write this post for a 4th time..but i still have NO SOLUTION to my problem.
I just had to reinstall windows live.. i.e messenger, mail, etc. it keeps tellimg me that the programs are already installed on my PC, but they are NOT. they are NOT showing under all programs, i've used cc cleaner, and revo uninstaller, to remove them completely, but when i click on the WLinstaller donwload..i keep being told that the programmes are already instllaed on my pc....apart from the hotmail link, i'm unable to open my windows live messenger. They are not shwing in add/remove progrmmaes. its been 5 days now i've had this problem, any suggestions please???

brundle 20:22 10 Nov 2008

System restore?

Did you remove them using the standard Add/Remove Programs method first? Not always wise to resort to registry cleaners and forced uninstallers immediately, and neither CCleaner or Revo come with a guarantee...

bobbybluenose 20:23 10 Nov 2008

is your isp talk talk by any chance

julius44 20:23 10 Nov 2008

Hi Marge7..here is the previous link....ive also tired the cc cleaner..so what happens now?

click here

julius44 20:26 10 Nov 2008

my isp is virgin media.

go to microsoft website and download microsoft cleaner utilty load that look for windows live all to do with it and remove it.

Cos it is not in add remove does not mean its 100% gone..

restart pc

then re down load winodws live

Was not 2009 beta by any chance was it?

4 got to say get another program called revo uninstaller it acts like add remove but then scans regitry and files for anything left over it is free to.. Gets rid of them registry keys that get left over

google it mate

julius44 22:12 10 Nov 2008

Yes tucker1975 it was beta 2009..why do u ask??? are there problems with it???

I went though a spell of not been unable to login for aobut 3 days went back to 8.5 and logged in right away was you getting this error 80000ffff or 0x8000ffff?

If you getting that then 2009 is useless it is beta after all do what i asked and you should be able to get back to 8.5 took me 2 days but got there lol..

julius44 22:19 10 Nov 2008

okay tucker1975..pls tell me HOW i can get back to version 8.5??

julius44 19:42 11 Nov 2008

Hi marge7, i did try and download and earlier version of windows live messenger, but, then when download and click on the WLinstaller link, it keeps saying that all the windows live programs are already installed on my pc....and the when i click on messenger, it asks me to install again, all i can use is my hotmail...this is getting very frustrating. do u think system restore will do the trick??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?