Help with win 98 please.

Grandad D 11:19 12 Jan 2003
  Grandad D 11:19 12 Jan 2003

Hi, The other day my brother in law phoned with a problem with win 98. On start up it gives a "fatal exception error" and will only run in safe mode. As he knows even less than me and live's some 350 miles away up-north I got him to try the usual. System file checker, Registry checker and scanreg /restore from DOS. None of this worked. Any ideal would be very helpfull please. Thank you, Dennis

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:27 12 Jan 2003

It could be one of a number of things. Direct him to click here as this is the most comprehensive help site. Are there any numbers/letters identifying the error?

G

Grandad D 11:33 12 Jan 2003

Hi GANDALF <|:-)>, He is not on the internet. It says "fatal exception error at 203f 000 00316" Thanks, Dennis,
I have to go off line for a while as I have just moved my computer to fit some new speakers and found a mains plug with no top to it. Good job my little dog can't fit round the back or he would have got a bit of a shock!! Pays to check now and again.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:22 12 Jan 2003
  Grandad D 14:07 12 Jan 2003

Hi GANDALF <|:-)> Thank you very much for the help. I will let him know what to try next. Cheers, Dennis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)