Help on using Word please!

misters 21:31 16 Oct 2003

Hi i was typing a letter the other day using word 2000 and made a few mistakes, when i went back to correct the mistakes the problem occured.

Everytime i tried to add a letter to a sentence the whole line would disappear after i pressed enter and a lot of wee stupid things like that it was so frustrating. Anyone any ideas?
I haven't used word in quite a while so i dont know what i'm doing wrong.
thanx in advance.

PhiltheFragger 21:34 16 Oct 2003

Perchance you have hit the Insert key accidentally, when you should have pressed the delete key ( they are next to each other.

Hit the insert key again and hopefully it will return to normal

misters 21:36 16 Oct 2003

PhiltheFragger No tried that made ure i hit right key.

JIM 21:56 16 Oct 2003

always difficult to answer your type of question and as you say, you haven't used word in quite a while it could be just You :)

Unless your having crashes or error messages,The best i could suggest is to take a refresher course via the links.

Getting started with Word 2000

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

f1fan 21:58 16 Oct 2003

try closing word then find the file 'normal.dot' and rename it. open word and cross your fingers.

misters 14:39 18 Oct 2003

A friend says to save my work leave it for a few hours then restart, this worked but when i go back to another document it all starts happening again, done a virus check and everything was ok.

Any other ideas i could try?
thanx.

misters 14:39 18 Oct 2003

A friend says to save my work leave it for a few hours then restart, this worked but when i go back to another document it all starts happening again, done a virus check and everything was ok.

Any other ideas i could try?
thanx.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)