Help with selecting printers

Neet 09:39 09 Jul 2003

I am self employed working from home and produce lots of reports and training material so need an efficient laser printer - my current Xerox is old and not compatible with my new XP system. I also have a new digital camera so need a colour printer for printing photos. Ideally I would love a colour laser cos then I could add colour to my reports etc but not only are they expensive to buy I understand they are expensive to run, and not sure how they would handle photos. So am looking at Lexmark T420d mono laser (cos it has standard duplex) plus a Canon Bubble Jet i850 as a possible solution. I already have a swtich box so having two printers connected is no problem. Can anybody out there offer some advice please.

Holographic_man 09:55 09 Jul 2003

Hi Neet, I to run a small company and the Canon i850 sounds like the one to go for. I like the idea of the replacment head and I see,the ink is around £8.50 I found this company are doing it for £134 inc vat & del and you even get a free tinn of cookies, to boot. click here

Neet 11:40 09 Jul 2003

Thanks for that Holographic man - I checked out the site but they are out of stock - still worth giving them a call to see if they are getting more at that price soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?