Help on removing LCD Screen stains

LocoTDM 17:13 07 Apr 2017

Hello guys, recently I noticed a little scratch on my Laptop's LCD Screen. Every time I wanted to remove scratches I used a pencil's eraser which actually did the job pretty well. This time, it left a white-glossy spreaded stain. Tried to rub it with a cloth, water, alcohol, nail polisher, vinegar, toothpaste but nothing actually helped. So the stain came from the eraser and it's only visible when the screen is off.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:49 07 Apr 2017

the anti-reflective coating on the display is extremely fragile some of it may have come off when you cleaned the display, scratching with a pencil eraser is not good.

click here

rickf 19:57 07 Apr 2017

Should always clean with a with proper screen cleaner. They are not expensive at all and lasts a long time.

LocoTDM 23:05 07 Apr 2017

Fruit Bat, does that mean that there's nothing I can do about it?

alanrwood 09:28 08 Apr 2017

Probably yes. Try a genuine screen cleaner as a last resort and be gentle with it.

LocoTDM 11:24 08 Apr 2017

What would you recommend me to use to completely wipe out the anti glare coating in able to make the whole screen look the same so then I can buy an Anti-Glare screen protector from Ebay and put it over the screen?

alanrwood 12:40 08 Apr 2017

You would probably ruin the screen completely. As you say it is only visible when the screen is off why not just leave it as it is so you don't eventually have to replace the whole screen

LocoTDM 14:12 08 Apr 2017

Alanrwood, yes you're right. Would buying an Anti glare screen protector cover and applying it on the screen cover it up?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:14 08 Apr 2017

I would leave well alone if its only visible while screen is off.

LocoTDM 15:36 08 Apr 2017

Yes and it's hardly visible to be honest, only when you put too much light on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Honor xSport AM61