Help with Possible Graphics Card Upgrade

ImmortalKranos 23:43 18 Jan 2017

Ok, so i have a few questions i need to ask before i buy the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 ti with windforce OC 4gb....

1. Can my PC handle it?
  2. Will it fit in my pc?
  3. Does my pc have enough power supply to handle it?
  4. do i need to by a separate cooling for the GPU?

If you could help me out with this. i would be greatly appreciative, and i hope that you can help me out

I currently have an IBuyPower AMD computer i got from Walmart.... The link to the page is click here for those who dont want to web surf to help the specifications from that page are : Specifications Updated by iBUYPOWER on 09/10/2015 Brand iBUYPOWER Computer Model Gamer Power WA563R7 Form Factor Tower Only Weight Approx: 30 lbs Chassis ARC 647 Chassis Dimensions 19" x 7.5" x 19.5" Processor AMD FX-6300 Vishera (3.5GHz/4.1GHz Turbo, 8MB L3 Cache) Processor Cooling Fan Processor Socket AM3+ Motherboard AMD 760G Graphics Card AMD Radeon R7-250 Video Memory 2GB Power Supply 400 Watt - ATX Memory (RAM) 8GB DDR3-1600MHz SDRAM Memory Slots Total (Free) 2 - 1.5V DDR3 DIMM Slots Max. Capacity of System Memory: 16GB* Hard Drive 1TB - SATA III - 7200RPM Optical Drive 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/RW + CD-R/RW Drive Networking (LAN) GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mb/s) Audio 7.1 Channel High Definition Audio Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home Front Ports 2 x USB 3.0 Port 1 x Audio/Mic Port Rear Panel I/O Ports 1 x PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse Port 1 x D-Sub Port 1 x DVI-D Port 1 x HDMI Port 4 x USB 2.0 Ports 2 x USB 3.0 Ports 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port w/ LED 3 x Audio Jacks: Line in/Line Out/Mic Expansion Bays Total (Free) 3 (2) - External 5.25" Drive Bays 3 (2) - Internal 3.50" Drive Bays 3 (3) - Expansion Slots Expansion Slots Total (Free) 1 (0) - PCI-E x16 Slot (Running x16) 1 (0) - PCI-E x1 Slot 1 (1) - PCI Slot Storage Controller (Total) 6 (4) - SATA2 3.0 Gb/s Connectors

but

Archonar 10:29 19 Jan 2017
  1. Yes your pc can handle it, the power supply is sufficient and I can't see any incompatibility issues
    1. This is harder to know. Chassis dimensions aren't always perfectly accurate so I recommend opening the case and using a trusty tape measure to be sure. The card is a small one though so you should be absolutely fine. One thing to note is that the fans on custom cards may be slightly larger so just be careful with the clearance but again you should be fine. This card also takes up 2 of the small metal brackets at the back of your pc so make sure there are 2 free.
    2. Yes as said in answer 1
    3. No your GPU has built in fans that will cool it separately. Maybe take the chance to give your pc a clean out with a can of compressed air when you replace the card though.

If you have any more questions just post them on this thread and I will be happy to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?