Help please with Power Schemes

McBain 23:57 15 Sep 2004

I have Win XP.

I often change the Pwer Settings (eg monitor standy 5 mins, hard disk standby in 5 mins etc).

I access as usual - Control Panel - Performance & Maintenance - Power options (Properties)

Initially there were 6 or 7 default options eg home PC, office PC, laptop, always on.

I then added a couple of variations eg monitor stanby 5 mins hard drive always on or monitor and hard drive standby 10 mins and named them accordingly and "saved as".

I wanted to tidy the list up, so deleted a couple, but being impatient I double clicked on some, so deleting more than I wanted to.

Now I only have 3 options. No probs you'd think, I'll add the ones I want back.

I can follow the pathway above to get the settings as usual, I can set up new schemes and name/save.

However, when I go back after rebooting (and after standby I think) the schemes I added have gone, I'm left with the 3 i didn't delete.

Can anyone help?

Is there a box i need to untick?

I've had a look round the options under "power schemes" but can't see anything.

Forum Editor 00:17 16 Sep 2004

but let's cut to the chase - why don't you simply roll Win XP back to a point prior to your tweaking using system restore?

McBain 18:18 16 Sep 2004

Doh!! Thanks - resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?