Help Please. Need a Bios Bin file for my Toshiba

badger120 05:42 26 Jul 2018

Hi wonder if someone can help me please. I downloaded Bios ver 5.10 upgrade for my Toshiba Satellite C50-B-14D and unzipped it. It appears its only for cd rom or diskette installation and doesn't contain a .bin file that I need.

Can someone advise me how I can go about locating a .bin file ver 5.10 for my laptop please?

Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 26 Jul 2018

You can only update the bios sing a flash utility either via a bootable CDrom / diskette or USB or if lucky there is a windows utility

assume you downloaded fro click here utlity should flash the bios to the new version.

this

badger120 20:40 26 Jul 2018

Thanks for the reply. The laptop wont boot past the Toshiba screen so I have no access to the cd rom, or usb ports. I was hoping to by a cheap bios writer and try to upgrade the chip using that from another computer but now realise its not an 8 leg bios chip its a large square one that I think is intergrated onto the motherboard.

Looks like I have to admit defeat and accept that its dead.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:26 27 Jul 2018

Its not completing POST then - remove the battery - disconnect from the mains and hold the power button on for 20 seconds - reconnect the mains and see if it goes past the Tosh screen.

badger120 19:38 27 Jul 2018

Yes tried that and make no difference. Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:13 27 Jul 2018

remove the cmos battery and retry

badger120 20:29 28 Jul 2018

Ok thanks doen that. Going to leave it overnight then re connect it in the morning and try.

Any idea why the cmos battery is magnetic?

badger120 06:48 29 Jul 2018

Ok battery was removed overnight and re-inserted this morning. Still the laptop wont boot up. I cant even get the Toshiba logo screen up now that allowed me to access the bios by pressing F2. All I get is the following message. when I power up: Reboot and select a proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)