Help Please. Need a Bios Bin file for my Toshiba

badger120 05:42 26 Jul 2018

Hi wonder if someone can help me please. I downloaded Bios ver 5.10 upgrade for my Toshiba Satellite C50-B-14D and unzipped it. It appears its only for cd rom or diskette installation and doesn't contain a .bin file that I need.

Can someone advise me how I can go about locating a .bin file ver 5.10 for my laptop please?

Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 26 Jul 2018

You can only update the bios sing a flash utility either via a bootable CDrom / diskette or USB or if lucky there is a windows utility

assume you downloaded fro click here utlity should flash the bios to the new version.

this

badger120 20:40 26 Jul 2018

Thanks for the reply. The laptop wont boot past the Toshiba screen so I have no access to the cd rom, or usb ports. I was hoping to by a cheap bios writer and try to upgrade the chip using that from another computer but now realise its not an 8 leg bios chip its a large square one that I think is intergrated onto the motherboard.

Looks like I have to admit defeat and accept that its dead.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:26 27 Jul 2018

Its not completing POST then - remove the battery - disconnect from the mains and hold the power button on for 20 seconds - reconnect the mains and see if it goes past the Tosh screen.

badger120 19:38 27 Jul 2018

Yes tried that and make no difference. Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:13 27 Jul 2018

remove the cmos battery and retry

badger120 20:29 28 Jul 2018

Ok thanks doen that. Going to leave it overnight then re connect it in the morning and try.

Any idea why the cmos battery is magnetic?

badger120 06:48 29 Jul 2018

Ok battery was removed overnight and re-inserted this morning. Still the laptop wont boot up. I cant even get the Toshiba logo screen up now that allowed me to access the bios by pressing F2. All I get is the following message. when I power up: Reboot and select a proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Camera Phones 2019

Adobe reveals Recolor for Illustrator - change an illustration instantly with real-world tones

Apple recalls wall plugs over safety fears, find out if you are affected

Rappel de sécurité Apple : adaptateurs avec prise murale