Help Nyone with a smart tv

ronlin 18:41 19 Jan 2015
Answered

Ive just bought a toshiba 42inch smart tv , everything worked fine , then i tried setting up the computer bit , i went through the screen prompts to no avail , i then noted that when i had put in my virgin password which was 8 digits and clicked done the next window came up with 9 digits on , i tried resetting etc but this happened over and over again , i reckon theres a software fault in the smart bit would you aggree ??

john bunyan 20:15 19 Jan 2015

I would try a reset. I assume you are talking about your network password on your router - not others?

john bunyan 20:17 19 Jan 2015
  Ian in Northampton 20:22 19 Jan 2015

Is your TV connected via a wire or wirelessly?

ronlin 22:17 19 Jan 2015

Sorry , yes i meant my network password on my router yes its connected wirelessly , ive never had probs before with other items like laptops tablets etc , i couldnt suss what was happening at first then i noticed after i had keyed in the 8 digits on the onscreen keyboard i saved em then clicked ok and it came up on the next screen with 9 asterisks instead of eight , no wonder i wasnt gettin anywhere .

Peter 00:56 20 Jan 2015

ronlin,

Sometimes there is a space at the beginning of the password field. Try using the backspace to remove it before entering your password.

*Peter. *

john bunyan 10:54 20 Jan 2015

As a separate point I have an LG and a Samsung "Smart" TV. The LG's wireless card only gave a download of 0.8 mbps in a spot where an iPad gave 7.5 mbps - solved by linking with homeplugs. Also the LG only had the BBC i player app for catch up. The Samsung , in a kitchen, gave a 7.5 mbps download and had BBC, ITV and 4oD catch up apps. You still need the network password to get a connection and I hope you solve it.

ronlin 14:55 20 Jan 2015
Answer

Thanks a bunch everyone , i have used the backspace to clear everything i couldnt reset the computer part it wouldn let me possibly because i hadnt been able to use it , i reckon its a software prioblem so i phoned the tech guys and they couldnt understand it either anyway ive ordered a replacement tv which will be with me at the weekend so im hoping this time all goes well .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?