help network my apartment

doclaw 23:57 12 Jan 2008

i am planning on expanding my network options. I just moved into a three bedroom flat and will be having a desktop and 2 laptop one for me and the other my partner.my neighbour asked for me to extend my coverage to his flat also. i dont know how i can make this work. i use a 3G EVDO USB modem Any Data ADU - E100 at the moment i connect it to my laptop. how do i make it work for my desktop and the other laptop. also is there a router which i can connect the 3G card to andmy partner can log on to the internet why i am not around. please all response are appreaciate. thanks

ambra4 02:18 13 Jan 2008

Check this site

click here

doclaw 16:18 25 Jan 2008

i checked out the site ambra4. if i understand this site it means when i get the kyocera router i can use it with my evdo device but how do i connect my neighbour who is some kilometers away from me. can i password the router so only my neighbour can acess it. thank you for ur help

ambra4 01:11 26 Jan 2008

Yes the Kyocera router with the EV-DO Wireless Internet modem installed will allow all Wi-Fi and hard wire equipment to connect and access the Internet

The router simply uses your EV-DO card as a modem to receive the wireless broadband signal.

It takes the signal from EV-DO card and translates it to the standard 802.11g wireless signals that wireless cards and USB adapter use to access the Internet

“But how do I connect my neighbour who is some kilometres away from me”

Base on how far you neighbour house is he might have to use a Hi-Gain™ USB Wireless-G Dish Adapter

The range is up to 800 feet with 22 Mbps of throughput.

A signal indicator helps you position the dish for the best signal.

click here

Hawking Hi-Powered USB Wireless-G Adapter for your Desktop or Laptop PC

click here

Download the data sheets from the hawking site above and take a read

In the layout diagram the only unit will be the Kyocera wireless router with the EV-DO Wireless Internet modem installed just remove the cable / dsl modem from the diagram as you will be getting the Internet signal wireless via the EV-DO Wireless Internet modem

I hope you understand what I am saying to you

The only way to know if he needs to use a Hi-Powered USB Wireless-G Adapter as to try it with a normal laptop with a build in wireless card and see how far the signal reach

“Can I password the router”

Yes the router wireless access is password protected you would just set up as a normal wireless router a SSID name, Channel No, and a Security code

Go to Kyocera site and download the user manual and take a read before you buy

click here

setecio 10:04 26 Jan 2008

A connection over several kilometres will need a long distance setup ... happy reading >>
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?