Help needed to set up a wireless router

Tracywt2 17:48 13 Apr 2009

Hi. I'm really not very technical and desperately need help to set up a wireless connection. I have installed a Belkin wireless adapter and now need to set up the router which is an Orange Siemens Gigaset SE572. I did try to set this up previously but put in an incorrect code when it asked for the WEP. It should have been the serial number from the unit, however I just used my normal internet password. How can I resolve this? Also, do I still need the modem or does the router replace this? Any help is gratefully rec'd.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:08 13 Apr 2009

Xp or Vista?

XP = Start -settings - network settings - wireless connection - right click select properties - wireless networks tab - preferred networks box click you router name - properties - Network key - type in the correct number - click OK.

Tracywt2 22:13 13 Apr 2009

Hi. I'm on XP, however as I input a wrong code the wizard wouldn't let me continue through the whole process and therefore the wireless connection doesn't show up. If I try to run the set up CD again itdoesn't give me the option to change the WEP so I sort of get stuck in a loop. I can't remove the program and start again as it somehow is holding some of the information, but not enough to show it in add/remove programs. Sorry if I haven't explained this so you can understand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?