Help needed with regarding PSU

Lordofsleep 10:20 22 May 2018

I just bought a new PC from the United states, and I am wondering if it can handle the 220v in my country, since the US has 110v voltage. The computer is a Skytech Archangel gtx 1050 ti, here are the specs. System

Processor: AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5 GHz / 4.1 GHz Turbo Unlocked Motherboard: AM3+ 960 Chipset Motherboard Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 TI 4GB Pascal Engine Memory: High Performance 8GB DDR3 1866 MHz Gaming Memory Hard Disk: 1TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive Power Supply: 500 Watts High Performance 80 Plus Power Supply Operating System Windows 10 Professional 64-bit. Will it work or do I need to get a new PSU or an adapter?

Lordofsleep 10:40 22 May 2018

Sorry for the wall of text, it was an accident.

alanrwood 11:11 22 May 2018

You need to open up the case of the PC after switching off at the mains. Look at the PSU rating plate if it is visible and see what the acceptable input voltage to the PSU is specified. Some could just be 110V but some can cover the whole spectrum from 110V to 250V.

If this is not possible then look for the PSU make and model then do a search on the manufacturer's web site.

As a last resort open the PC case with the mains switched off and disconnected from the wall socket. Remove the 4 screws holding the PSU in position and gently try to move the PSU into a position where you can read the rating plate without disconnecting any of the internal wiring. If you are not confident in your ability to do this then take it to a local computer shop and ask them to do it for you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:55 22 May 2018

Look to see if the PSU has a switch to change from 110 to 230v

Lordofsleep 12:15 22 May 2018

Thank you very much for your answers.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

Julian Glander recreates your art school experience in quirky video game Art Sqool

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

TV & streaming : comment regarder la Ligue des Champions 2018-2019 ?