Help Needed in Choosing a Basic Keyboard

Miss.Peppermint 08:25 25 Aug 2018
Answered

I am trying to find a reasonably priced full size ordinary white keyboard, either online or in the High Street. When I say 'ordinary', I mean not a gaming keyboard nor an ergonomic one. I have age-related macular degeneration, so I need it to have laser engraved black characters, and there must be no flashing lights under the keyboard.

Secret-Squirrel 09:25 25 Aug 2018

....full size ordinary white keyboard.........

I'm assuming that you're looking for a keyboard with a UK layout so here's one that also has extra-large keys.

hastelloy 09:48 25 Aug 2018

You could try the RNIB

Miss.Peppermint 14:53 25 Aug 2018

Secret-Squirrel Thank you for the link you sent me. The keyboard in question only has 87 keys (not counting the spacebar) and I need a full sized one with 103 keys. I am looking for one with a UK layout, but not with extra large keys. As long as the keys are white and the characters are black and laser engraved, and I am using bright lighting, I will be able to see it fine. Thank you for going to the trouble of trying to find one for me.

Miss.Peppermint 15:02 25 Aug 2018

hastlloy Thank you for the link for the RNIB. The keyboard only has 76 keys, and I need a full sized one with 103 keys. The keys need to be white and the characters black otherwise I cannot make them out. But thank you very much for your suggestion - I am very grateful.

Miss.Peppermint 16:52 25 Aug 2018
Answer

I have at last managed to find a suitable keyboard on Amazon. It is a Silver Seal Keyboard White - THE Antimicrobial Washable Keyboard. Many thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)