help need with internet settings

drdeath 14:02 22 Jun 2004

Hello all, i recently used a program called "system mechanic" to help speed up my internet connection and generally clean my pc up, unfortuately after running this program, i now am unable to connect to the internet via internet explorer, when i click on IE- properties/connection/ choose settings, the area marked "never dial a connection" has a dot in it suggesting that when i click on Ie IT WILL NOT DIAL A CONNECTION, so at this point i go to setup ( internet connection wizard) to try and rectify this by setting up the relevant internet connection/account, but the internet connection wizard does not allow me to proceed to set up a new internet connection, i keep recieving the message "the internet connection wizard has not yet finished setting up your connection" IT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO FULLY PROCEED WITH THIS any help would be grateful thank you p.s im with ukonline windows 98

beeuuem 14:09 22 Jun 2004

Have you tried changing the setting in IE > Tools > Internet options > connections to 'Always dial my default connection' ?

drdeath 14:36 22 Jun 2004

yes i have but the area 'Always dial my default connection' ? is blacked out!!!!! i cant access this

SEASHANTY 16:13 22 Jun 2004

The black dot in never dial a connection. Click on the dot to remove it.

beeuuem 17:25 22 Jun 2004

Do you have an ISP connection in the box called 'Dial Up and Virtual Private Network settings' ?
If there is nothing in the box can you add a connection from the Add button?

drdeath 18:15 22 Jun 2004

i have added a connection without success!!!
i cannot click the dot as this whole area seems to be blacked out and impossible to overide
im on msn click here
[email protected], if anyone is kind enough to help me thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?