HELP! My taskbar is frozen, programs won't open..

Damian Stowbunenko 20:09 21 Jan 2017

So ever since a few days ago i've been having an issue that i can't seem to solve. One day i shut down and went to bed, the next day i boot up and my normal programs that start and pop up are nowhere to be found. my taskbar keeps freezingand programs only open sometimes. My start menu is completely frozen and i can't access anything, even my cmd freezes after i type in a command. I've run malwarebytes hitmanpro kaspersky avast, and i can't really find any serious issues. When run in safe mode everything is fine, i don't have any restore points set and i can't do that from safe mode, and when booted up normally i can't even access system restore. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Govan1x 21:34 21 Jan 2017

Run cmd in safe mode and type sfc /scannow into it and let that run and see if it fixes any problems.

Bad driver. bad hard drive. bad user account. It could be anything. if a desktop have you cleaned the inside lately

If you give the make and model number of the Computer/laptop it will help others to give you the proper information that you need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

How map doodles inspired Eric Chase Anderson's illustrations for a Wes Anderson classic

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures tablettes tactiles (2018)