help - my font's got bigger!

mco 12:52 02 Nov 2003

yesterday for no reason I can work out (certainly nothing I did deliberately) the font on some of my 'favourites' eg, google, yahoo and another discussion forum, has suddenly got BIGGER - it's a nuisance because I can obviously get fewer details to a page. Have I done something I didn't mean to? Is it them? How do I get it back to what it was?

DAG88 12:57 02 Nov 2003

(assuming you are using IE6) Click View, Text size and see if that has changed from medium

mco 13:04 02 Nov 2003

yes! I did as you said - it was on 'largest' so i clicked back to medium and all's fine but I'm confused as - I've never looked at view - text size before (not being knowledgeable) so I still can't figure out how it changed all by itself??

Pesala 13:20 02 Nov 2003

Try Alter V X Enter. Something surprisingly easy to do when you are trying to cut and paste, but press the Alter key instead of the Control Key.

VoG II 14:26 02 Nov 2003

Do upo have a wheel mouse? Holding down CTRL and rotating the wheel changes the font size in IE.

mco 15:33 02 Nov 2003

thanks - I reckon last night I did one or both those things in the answers above, intending to do something else instead. Now I know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?