Help my computer is unable to do anything

christay01 09:01 27 Nov 2016

I accidenly downloaded the wrong update for my acer v3-471G laptop touchpad and keyboard.. and it made me restart my computer. Now my keyboard does not work and for some reason there is no mouse crusor on the log in page. I cannot press f8 to factory reset my computer, and its only able to reach the time and date screen. My computer basically turned into a digital clock. Please help. Btw im on windows 10

Govan1x 09:14 27 Nov 2016

Can you use a usb mouse to get around and go to device manager and maybe delete the drivers for your touchpad and keyboard and install the old ones back again.

Jollyjohn 09:15 27 Nov 2016

Plug an external mouse and keyboard in and roll back the driver or go back to a restore point before the update.

Govan1x 09:20 27 Nov 2016

Oops that will not work if you cannot get into Windows.

Since you are using windows 10 start the laptop and switch it off after 7 seconds by holding down the start button. do that 3 or 4 times and you should get a repair box open giving you different options on what to do. Not sure if you will need a usb mouse or not but give that a try and see if you can get to any of the repair options.

Secret-Squirrel 09:22 27 Nov 2016

Chris, all you really need to do is borrow a USB mouse from a friend or neighbour. If your laptop requires a password to logon to Windows then use the mouse to enable the on-screen keyboard:

When you get into Windows you can then "roll back" the drivers for your trackpad and keyboard.

christay01 10:49 27 Nov 2016

Uh for some reason wheb i move my mouse around and click nothing happenes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch