Help On Multiplayer Lan

  DJ.Ryan 11:55 18 Apr 2010

Belkin Cat5e Moulded UTP Crossover Cable (Yellow Cable with Grey Boot) 15m

i want some help on this as me and my dad play multiplayer games but some are not wireless lan and there isn't enough room for to pc's in one room,so we need a long enough leaf to reach from 1 to the other
please help ASAP

  mgmcc 15:59 18 Apr 2010

???? I'm not sure what you're asking here.

As you're aware, two computers are connected directly using a "crossover" cable. If you need to extend the length of the cable run, you would connect an ethernet "coupler" to the existing crossover cable and then use a suitable length of "straight-wired" ethernet cable to reach the second computer. That way, the connection remains crossed over via the first cable.

  Jameslayer 16:56 18 Apr 2010

I think he meens were can he get a cable that is long enough for networking the two computers.
maplins sell cable by the meter click here but it doenst come with the ends attached.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?