Help with moving games to new HDD

PiggyPlayz 17:50 16 Feb 2018

Hi,

I recently got a new hdd (D:) and i would like to keep all my games on there, while having all my programs on my C: hdd. I moved most my games through the steam library and it says they are on drive D but i noticed that there are many folders still on my drive C: related to games such as in Appdata and my documents. Are these nescessary for my games to run and if yes how can I also move them to drive D along with my other games without losing my progress in my games or breaking them (cuz i know u cant copy and paste games). So what i want to achive is that lets say my C: drive failes, and pretend windows still works, then i can still run all my games just from my D drive without having to restart. Is this possible and if yes how? Another question is how do i move non steam games and game launchers. The games and launchers i want to move are: Games: LoL, Paragon, Hearthstone, Minecraft. Launchers: Steam, Origin, Uplay, Epic games launcher and battle.net. Thanks for your time

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?