Help with inherited business IMac

Subaya 21:59 15 Feb 2018

Hello. I inherited an IMac which belonged to an organisation which went bust in our building everything was about to go in a skip including the Mac. I rescued it, cleaned it up. I got the original keyboard but thats it. I managed to connect my own mouse. Switched it on and it works fine. I can only acces it as guest user as it seems it belong to the admin person in the office. My request is, I am trying to connect yoto internet but is asking me to " type an administrators name and password for network diagnostics to make changes." Please can you advise.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:52 16 Feb 2018

You are probably going to have to do a clean install of the operating system.

click here Create Apple ID click here

Subaya 00:29 18 Feb 2018

Thank you. but I've just read I will need administrator privileges to uninstall is that right?

Archie44 00:38 18 Feb 2018

follow fruit bat instructions

Archie44 00:43 18 Feb 2018

or have look here youtube clips

wee eddie 11:33 18 Feb 2018

Why not get into contact with an ex-Staff member and ask

Subaya 16:33 19 Feb 2018

Thanks for your replies. The thing is the staff had all gone, they disappeared. Thats what happens when a org goes bust. Ive not seen or heard where they went since they were on another floor. All I know this was the admins computer. It was dumped at the back of the cupboard with all the rest of the stuff ready to be thrown out. Reception said take what you can before the cleaners come and there was Miss Maccy. Basically like like a phone, how do I unlock it.?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:42 19 Feb 2018

reset to factory condition click here

octal 17:02 19 Feb 2018

Have you tied typing "unlocking mac without password" into Google?

If none of that helps then there probably isn't any other alternative than overwriting the operating system, I doubt if Apple would do that not knowing the computer history.

As the operating system on the Mac is a Unix like system there's no reason why you can't put Linux on it which another Unix like system which is free to download and use, it can be done quite easily, this shows you how.

I know it's a bit of faffing around, but at least you'll have a working computer for nothing.

wee eddie 18:20 19 Feb 2018

"That's what happens when a org goes bust."

No it's not. What you are telling us does not stack up, in either UK or USA terms

Subaya 19:31 19 Feb 2018

To wee eddie yes it does happen when it goes into administration they can change the locks so no one allowed to go in. One minute this small org was there next theyre werent. Espcially when they rely on funding from XYZ and it just runs out. I know ive been there many times!!!!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?