Help with Freeserve broadband reinstallation

jarani 23:13 01 Jan 2005

i have successfully installed some time ago freeserve broadband on my computer running win98se - i now have a new computer running winxphome with sp2 installed - i have failed so far to install my adsl modem since the new computer refuses to install the software - can anyone help please - the old disk is in perfect order - jarani

spuds 23:52 01 Jan 2005

I would suggest that you obtain a new disk and install from that.I picked one up yesterday from a Texas brand filling station, and it would appear to be much better than previous disks.

If you want phoneline help, try these numbers Automated helpline 0845 330 7124 [local rate 24 hours] Technical support 09062 517 517 [50p per minute 24 hours] Broadband support 0870 010 2462 [national rate 24 hours]

Smegs 01:21 02 Jan 2005

Can you tell us what the modem is please, so someone can point you somewhere to download them. You may get some updated drivers awell. If it's a SpeedTouch click here

You will NOT need to re-install Freeserve/Wannadoo. All you will need to do, is change your HOME PAGE to Wanadoo, if that's what you have. Internet Options- then change Home Page.

jarani 20:52 02 Jan 2005

thank you for the prompt response - I was off line until now - I managed to reinstall after deleting the eTrust AV which was blocking some of the installation - it is working ok now - I propose to go for AVG next - thank you - jarani

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts