help formatting hard drive.

westdudes 00:09 05 Feb 2004

ive just built a computer and ive just installed a network. the isp is aol, set up the router.

The problem is on the new comp the drivers for the old bt voyager100 modem was removed and now whenever i bring aol up the computer just resets.no explanation...except starts dumping physical memory?

anywayz back to point....ive tried system restore to put it back before the router was installed but i get the same problem.the random restart with aol..tried unistalling aol and then putting bk on...no look.so i was trying to reformat my hard drive as i wanna start it again anywayz...but normally id press f8 on any computer to bring up dos....but all i get is a screen saying which device to i want to boot from...im new to this sort of thing so please be patient with me...i built the computer by reading manuals very carefully and everything was fine until i got this aol recommended ruter..grrrrr
please help??

VoG II 00:12 05 Feb 2004

click here may help you.

westdudes 00:21 05 Feb 2004

thanks...i needed a refresher..only used to do it for win98...im pretty new when it comes to xp etc...cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)