Help finding lost folders.

[email protected]® 19:37 05 Aug 2004

I have done a fresh install of Windows XP - Not a Format. I have lost some files and folders can they be found again? I hope they can cos' although most have gone there are some files that were there before the fresh install which are still there.

spanneress 19:42 05 Aug 2004

You want this click here you do!!

Tis the mutts nuts!

HTH

[email protected]® 19:52 05 Aug 2004

Thanks spanneress I have downloaded and installed but it keeps coming up with errors. Please help.

spanneress 19:54 05 Aug 2004

Odd...what are the errors? Chris the Ancient is a bit of a Guru on this one..but fire away and will see what we can do....

[email protected]® 19:58 05 Aug 2004

Error Code: 70

Error Description: Permission Denied

Error Source: SMR2

spanneress 19:59 05 Aug 2004

OK..before I download it on to one of my XP machines..are you running Pro or Home?

[email protected]® 20:00 05 Aug 2004

Pro

spanneress 20:04 05 Aug 2004

Ok..just running it now,,,which one did you download? I am running the recovery one..what file types are you trying to locate? Are the docs or images?

[email protected]® 20:10 05 Aug 2004

I am trying locate both and I downloaded the one cnet download.com alternative download english.

Chris the Ancient 20:11 05 Aug 2004

I wish I was the guru on this one!

All I did was find it, use it and recommend it! And that was the media recovery one - 'Smart Recovery'

Seriously, though, but a daft question I know... Have you downloaded the correct one of the multiple choice of programs? You need to use the top one of the list - 'File Recovery'. I've not tried that one!

Now, if that is the best I can offer, it shows that a guru I ain't.

But good luck.

Chris

[email protected]® 20:13 05 Aug 2004

oops i downloaded smartrecovery!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?