Help - Email & Outlook

osben 13:57 29 Oct 2004

Hi

I have recently migrated from AOL to F9 for my ISP. I now have to use Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP Pro) to send my Emails.

However Although I have set up the email account as per F9's instruction, I have a problem sending and receiving. I have set up the same info in Outlook Express and have no such problems. I have configured my firewall to allow this and even disconnected it to test without. Outlook Express works with or without it. So I asume it can't be that. I have no problems connecting to web for surfing.

I did manage to get it working yesterday and sent a number of emails both to myself and other people and received them.
Not today though.

Can anyone suggest a solution. Even the F9 tech support do not know the answer.

Regards

osben 14:18 29 Oct 2004

I have just tried again to send and receive an email to myself. This time I was already connected to the net. It works, But as I said earlier, not without being already connected to the net.

I am sure it is a simple problem but I can't find it. Can anybody help!!

Regards

Cook2 14:31 29 Oct 2004

I don't know if it's the same in Outlook 2002 but in 2000 I'd go to Tools - Options - Mail Delivery and tick Automatically dial when checking for new messages.

osben 11:06 30 Oct 2004

No, it's not quite the same but I have set Outlook up for this. sadly that's not the problem

I'm totally stumped

rawprawn 12:32 30 Oct 2004

Check Tools/Accounts, make sure you have marked the account as default and remove AOL if it is still there

osben 14:08 30 Oct 2004

I assume you mean tools/email account in Outlook. If so I only have the one account there. I made sure that I deleted all trace of AOL from the system at the outset.

Regards

rawprawn 15:32 30 Oct 2004

Yes that's what I meant,When you say you deleted all traces of AOL. I assume you meant uninstalled. I can't think of any reason why you are having this problem other than someting left over from AOL. Have you tried detect and repair in "Help" in Outlook. I use Outlook 2000 so your's may be slightly different. I'm sorry I don't think I can help further maybe someone else can.

osben 10:36 31 Oct 2004

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes I uninstalled using add/remove. I have tried detect & repair twice now.

Thanks for trying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?