Help to delete a file...

Pepper9 17:57 20 Dec 2008

I have a picture which I want to delete but try as I might it will not delete. I have tried right-clicking but I do not get the full menu when I do this. I have tried using the side window to delete or move but nothing happens. The title of the picture is a very long one - I cannot even edt this to see if this makes a difference.
Any help greatfully received
Thanks

VoG II 17:59 20 Dec 2008

Try Unlocker click here

Pepper9 18:14 20 Dec 2008

Thanks for that - I have just tried it but no joy - when I right click on the file Unlocker does not show in the menu. Thank you anyway.

Pepper9 18:24 20 Dec 2008

I have just tried MoveonBoot but when I try to open the file I am told that it has an invalid file name and so will not open it in the programme. Can I change the name so that it is valid?

Sea Urchin 18:36 20 Dec 2008

Have you downloaded the Unlocker program?

Pepper9 18:39 20 Dec 2008

I downloaded the programme - it was showing on my task bar (a little Wand?)but did not show when I right clicked on the file I wanted to delete.

Technotiger 18:44 20 Dec 2008

Is the picture in your My Pictures Folder? if so, simply highlight it and then press Delete on the keyboard.

octal 18:51 20 Dec 2008

Have you tried deleting it in safe mode?

Pepper9 18:59 20 Dec 2008

Thanks guys for your help - I emptied the folder of all files (to a new file) but for the one I wanted to delete, moved that folder to My Documents and then clicked delete on the side window, It went to the Recycle bin and then I emptied it from there.
Success!!
Thanks Again
Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Best Keyboards for Designers & Artists

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)