help with conection problem

compo84 09:19 07 Dec 2006

i kept getting a pop up saying youre computer is infected, so i did a scan with avg, it found a few things which i deleted, after rebooting my computer internet explorer wouldnt work, i did a windows conectivity check which said ftp wasnt working, i tried doing a systems restore to various different dates it kept saying unable to restore, for some reason my msn on the taskbar says im sighned in yet i cant get online from my computer, leading me to think maybe a hacker is useing my computer, can anybody advise me as to what the problem may be

birdface 09:32 07 Dec 2006

Looks like you have problems,Cant remember what it is called, Think its hard to shift,But will try and get you some details.

birdface 09:52 07 Dec 2006

Sorry Compo, I have been shouted down for breakfast,Had quick look round, never found the thing i was looking for, But I am sure someone else will help, Good luck.

birdface 10:32 07 Dec 2006

Have a look,Probably not your problem, But might help. click here

birdface 10:53 07 Dec 2006

Sorry cant find what i was looking for,Is it a pop up that Warns you that you are infected, and wants you to download A New spyware program, Or is it just a popup from your own Anti-Virus program.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:05 07 Dec 2006
  compo84 14:56 07 Dec 2006

cheers for the help buteman, i dont know what the problem was but the internet is working again and seems to be running faster than before

compo84 20:41 09 Dec 2006

the problem was smitfraud, taken a couple of days and a lot of help but seems to be gone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?