Help with Compatiblity Issues .

N Smith 11:01 29 Aug 2018
Answered

You can find my build here and I just wanted to ask about the compatibility issues.

The Thermaltake - View 31 TG ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 420mm long, but video cards over 278mm may block drive bays. Since the Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card is 298mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.

The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.

The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated with a PCIe-based M.2 drive, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

It would be geat if I could have these issues explained, Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:10 29 Aug 2018
Answer
  1. video cards over 278mm may block drive bays

means some of the bays where you would place your sata HDD o DVD drives could be bloocked by the extra length of the video card making the bay unsable ( not a problem if you only have one drive or a small video card.

1. M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated with a PCIe-based M.2 drive, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

if only using a sata HDD then no problem if you use a M2 SSD then one of the sata ports becomes unusable - just plug the sata drive into another port. if using APCIE M" bord you effectively loose two sata ports and therefore the option of using more HDD drives

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs