Help with CD rom files.

[DELETED] 09:00 27 Oct 2003

Can anyone help me here please. I have files on my computer at home that relate to work. I want to hand them over to a colleague and they are too big to go on floppies. I have transferred them to CD rom using Easy CD creator but they are all read only. I have tried everything I can to change their properties but nothing seem to work I also closed them to read on any computer but the computers at work will not recognise them

How do I:
a) change the properties so they can be amended

b) prepare them to be read on the works computers.

I?m off to work now so I won?t be able to read any answers until later. Any help gratefully received!!

[DELETED] 09:08 27 Oct 2003

To change the read only attribute, first save them to the hard drive then right click the file, choose Properties and untick Read Only, tick Archive.

Diemmess 09:27 27 Oct 2003

MAJ has answered a)

What bothers me is that your works computer "cannot read them!"

If I, in a blissfully ignorant state, had to do what you are doing I wouldn't expect to close the CD......... Honestly, for data, I don't do this anyway though doubtless lots of others will jump on me for good reasons.

If all else fails try burning at a slow rate, and avoid using the maximum that your burner will do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple