Help to cast Dell display to Samsung smart tv

john bunyan 21:55 12 Aug 2019
Answered

I have a Dell windows 10 laptop with, I believe, Miracast capability. Also a new Samsung smart TV Q60 series (43). I can, using screen mirroring, display my iPhone on it. So far cant see how to do the same with the Dell. In Settings, Devices, the TV shows as Not connected, If I click on it a Remove Device appears, no option to connect. Have I missed something?

Menzie 00:04 13 Aug 2019

A Tech Advisor article on how to activate Miracast should help.

Once you follow the instructions your TV should appear as a device on your network that you can connect to.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08:50 13 Aug 2019
Answer

Don't think you can cast with windows 10 miracast but a chromecast works for me.

These 19 page articles might help with your Samsung

john bunyan 18:39 14 Aug 2019

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

Thanks. iPhone works fine. I have a Chromecast gadget that I will try, otherwise I have a HDMI lead.

Peter Griffin 21:02 14 Aug 2019

No Problems here.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Beck album covers ranked – his best artwork from the '90s to now

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

iPhone SE 2 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs