Help Can't Find My USB Ports.

morddwyd 10:46 06 Aug 2018

Just taken delivery of an HP Pavilion 24 r009na.

Can't get the wireless mouse or keyboard to work, and first solution is to use a different USB port for the dongle.

Unfortunately I can't find any!

A device of this spec must have more than one, but I can't see them. There is an access on the back, but it is so deeply recessed asto be inaccessible to me.

The documentation is useless and I can't find anything on line.

Can anyone help? A photo or video would be ideal.

hssutton 11:32 06 Aug 2018

According to Click here there are 5 USB ports, but also a 'note' saying "The configuration might vary depending on your model". Scroll down to show image.

john bunyan 11:50 06 Aug 2018

Too obvious but does the wireless mouse not need to have a dongle plugged into a USB port (if you find them)? On an expensive Dell I found the dongle inside the wireless mouse, wrongly thinking that I did not need one. Also the mouse has a small on/off switch on the base. Also my Dell only has Thunderbolt USB - C's so I bought an adapter from Amazon that has 2 USB, 1 HDMI and a SD slot. I leave others to comment further.

john bunyan 12:09 06 Aug 2018

Also see :

HP link

john bunyan 12:15 06 Aug 2018

On the link it shows details of where the slots are if you expand it.

Archie44 12:21 06 Aug 2018

morddwyd are you using a new computer. Surely u should seee the usb slots physically to the naked eye even though i have grate difficulty in my case i have to feel for them using my fingers

john bunyan 12:22 06 Aug 2018

See

morddwyd 12:23 06 Aug 2018

You have got to be kindling me!

Not only did I find that page and totally failed to explore it properly, but I saw those slots as soon as I unpacked it, and thought they were titillation slots!

Yes, I know, it's a solid state SSD cool running device.

I can only plead old age and bad eyesight.

System up and running, thank you so much.

john bunyan 12:24 06 Aug 2018

Try again. The image display doesn't work but the link does. I think you have to choose the desired USB on the back with a USB selector on the front

Link

john bunyan 12:26 06 Aug 2018

Morddwyd

We know you issues (young man - I am a year older!) so we need to appreciate them in answers. Well done.

rdave13 19:23 06 Aug 2018

It also has an infrared camera!

I'm surprised to find it hasn't got a HP Recovery Manager? So you will be dependant on Windows' own reset system unless you create images.

Nice machine.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Threadripper 2990WX review

New Nvidia graphics cards offer 'industry-changing' real-time raytracing on your computer for the…

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Les meilleurs téléphones portables basiques (2018)