Help with Burning DVDs

[email protected]® 10:35 28 Aug 2005

I have Nero Express 3 and have some DVDs I want to put on one disc. I have a dual layer DVDRW and dual layer discs. Problem is that after it has transcoded and burnt the disc which takes a couple of hours as it should, everything seemed to go ok and said burn succesful. But when I tried the disc it appeared to be empty both on my home DVD player and my computer!! Please advise if you can.

freaky 11:30 28 Aug 2005

The DVD's were probably encryption protected against copying hence your problem!!

[email protected]® 11:34 28 Aug 2005

No they are not.

€dstowe 13:08 28 Aug 2005

I've found Nero very disappointing for making DVDs - especially the earlier part of the processing. It's OK for the burning part but for the rest of it I always use a dedicated DVD processing program like WinDVD Creator but it does depend on exactly what you want to achieve.

pj123 14:11 28 Aug 2005

Whether I am right or not on this I don't know but I would have thought that Nero Express 3 is too early a version to burn to DVD. I have Nero Express version 6.

It might be a good idea to update your Nero burning software to version 6.

Can be bought from click here for £3.49 plus postage. Once you have installed it go to the Nero website and update it to version 6.6.0.16

David4637 16:30 28 Aug 2005

Can you buy it (OEM)on its own, and can it be upgraded from Nero's web site? Thanks David

pj123 17:04 28 Aug 2005

David4637. Well I bought it from SVP (above link) and then updated it to the latest version from the Nero website. The two updates are about 35mb each so if you are on dialup it will take a long time. I already have both the updates on my hard drive so if you want them email me via the envelope and I will post you out a CD with them on.

pj123 17:07 28 Aug 2005

David4637. Well I bought it from SVP (above link) and then updated it to the latest version from the Nero website. The two updates are about 35mb each so if you are on dialup it will take a long time. I already have both the updates on my hard drive so if you want them email me via the envelope and I will post you out a CD with them on.

woodchip 17:15 28 Aug 2005

Try this it free I found it works. click here

woodchip 17:17 28 Aug 2005
  woodchip 17:23 28 Aug 2005

Ulead Photo Explorer 8 does SVCD. these are not DVD's they are CD's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?