Help with BSOD & SSD Problems

Fingon19 05:12 26 Feb 2018

Hi guys I had a perfectly working pc with windows 10 installed with no problems for over 6 months now, I have previously being informed that a windows update is failing. But I ignored it and after 2 months of ignoring it, I was just browsing steam my PC suddenly turned itself off and when it restarted it was a blue screen it said: " a required device cannot be accessed " so I checked everything I re-seated memory, GPU and everything and still nothing. So I put my windows installation media to try and re-install windows but my SSD is no where to be found only my HDD. So i went to CMD in the recovery and diskpart could no longer detect my SSD, But when im in bios I can select my SSD in the boot order.

So I let it go for a bit and the next day when I truned my pc on it went right through like no problem. then I tried to test it with games and such but then it happened again. There was lag, it turned off and then blue screen. Went into CMD diskpart again and it could not detect my SSD again but its there in the bios.

So is my SSD dead or its just windows being corrupted? Please help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:56 26 Feb 2018

HAve you removed and refitted the SSD or tried swapping data and power cables to the SSD?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?