Help with Bluetooth Connectivity Please!

[email protected] 08:53 31 Aug 2016

I have a 4 yr old HP Pavilion G6 running windows 10 and Google chrome. I bought a CSR 4.0 bluetooth dongle, which came with CSR Harmony software (although there doesn't appear to be an icon etc on the laptop). The device is working properly according to its details although elsewhere it also says the software hasn't finished installation (it wasn't interrupted). The software won't repair or uninstall and my laptop no longer manages a system restore.My laptop is visible to other devices, my other devices are visible to the laptop. When I click pair the codes match but connection fails every time. The devices are sitting next to each other. Can anybody offer any advice? I was thinking as a last resort to try going into program files and data and renaming anything to do with CSR in the hope that I could try a fresh installation which wouldn't find the previous one? Thank you in Advance!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:59 31 Aug 2016

In device manager

uninstall the driver

reboot and let windows scan for new hardware (if it doesn't do it on reboot go back into device manager and scan for new hardware from the Action menu.)

If you have the software disk inserted (or usb) windows should scan for it and reload the drivers.

retry the connection.

[email protected] 11:58 31 Aug 2016

Thank you. Do I leave the dongle in for this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:04 31 Aug 2016

yes so windows can fin the new hardware

[email protected] 12:47 31 Aug 2016

thanks again!

[email protected] 12:50 31 Aug 2016

Well there is no scan for new hardware in the action menu, the dongle no longer shown as having a driver and when I try to scan for the driver it says it cannot!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:00 31 Aug 2016

Click on any of the devices in device manager then click action - scan for new hardware.

[email protected] 14:05 31 Aug 2016

I think my laptop is just plain awkward, I don't get the option at all, only scan for hardware changes. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:20 31 Aug 2016

samething - have you scanned?

[email protected] 14:57 31 Aug 2016

it says scan for hardware changes and when I click it it does nothing, flashes in a millisecond as if scanning super quickly. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

Inside the psychology of what makes particular images popular

Apple Maps vs Google Maps

Amazon Prime : prix, avantages et offres gratuites