Headset problem with the mic

PancevFilip 13:56 05 Dec 2018

I have a problem with my mic on my headset i am using a genesis headset and when plug it it shows that is connected,and when i go to test it it doesnt show that i am talking but when i listen to song its getting the sound from the song heres a pic ik i didnt point it well. Please help/

1]: [click here

rdave13 14:28 05 Dec 2018

If you have Windows 10 you can test or set-up the mic via settings - Cortana and check the microphone.

MJS WARLORD 17:41 05 Dec 2018

This is what I do to check thinks out if I have any sound related problems. try these steps. 1. Go to device manager/ sounds and mic tabs then right click and uninstall drivers even if they dont have a yellow triangle on them. Windows will reinstall them on restart. 2. In sounds/playback tab right click and disable the realtek digital output. just above the icon when using SPEAKERS you should see a green tick in the speaker icon , right click if missing. When you plug in your headphones the icon will go out and if you scroll down you will see a new one for headphones . when you swap between speakers and phones it takes a few seconds to find new device. 3. check properties tab on both headphones .... green jack highlighted and microphone pink jack. finally at bottom right corner where the speaker icon is change the tab to realtec high def audio , i have my volume at 50%

if you have any half life programs they have a built in mic tester.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable