HDMI swticher or More Expensive Monitor?

Pointlesss 11:58 07 May 2018

I'm looking to buy a new monitor that ideally has 2 HDMI ports and a Display Port to accommodate both my PC as well as my xbox and playstation. The trouble is I've only found a few and the one I'm interested in is a decent amount more expensive than the monitors with only 1 HDMI and 1 Display Port.

So instead of paying the extra hundred or so, I thought about buying a HDMI switcher but having been using one for the last few years with my current setup, I've run into a couple issues with it... Granted the one I've got isn't exactly top of the range but every now and again one of the screens attached will go black for a second or so and sometimes if I'm on a screen that isn't on the #1 output, it'll revert to that screen instead. So if anyone could suggest a decent switcher or a cheaper monitor that'd be great!

Monitor - Asus MG278Q 27-inch click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?