HDMI from PC to 4K HDR TV for Movies

Daniel Groza 22:30 13 Aug 2019

I have a PC with a Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC GPU and a Samsung 43ru7102 4K HDR TV. Would a 1.4 HDMI Cable be enough to use strictly for 4k HDR Blu-ray content (mostly movies running at 24fps) playback from my PC on my TV? Considering 1.4 does not support HDR, would the video still play only without the HDR content or simply not play at all?

john bunyan 06:43 14 Aug 2019

Have a read here

HDMI 2 vs 1.4

I am interested in replies as I have the same TV

Secret-Squirrel 11:28 14 Aug 2019

............a 1.4 HDMI Cable..............

There's no such thing as a "1.4 HDMI Cable". HDMI 1.4,2.0a, 2.0b, etc refer to the specification of the interface inside your graphics card or TV etc.

Any cable that's newer than ten years old should be up to the job. If you're not sure then a "high speed" HDMI cable costs less than £5.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Witcher 3 (Switch) Preview

Classic posters from Cuba's Golden Age celebrate cinema and revolution

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Comment télécharger des films et séries Amazon Prime Video ?