1. Close all running applications before launching your CD-writing software by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and End Task on all except 'Explorer' and 'Systray.'
2. Run both Scandisk/Chkdsk and Defrag on the hard disk(s).
3. Clean Temp directory, in \WINDOWS\TEMP - move or delete all files and folders.
4. Do not multi-task while recording.
5. Disable DMA for your CD-rw drive.
6. Update your video driver to current version - check with your video controller manufacturer for details.
7. Try a different brand of recordable media, recommend blank disks with the green or blue dye coating.
8. Disable screen savers and ALL power management.
9. Make sure no real mode drivers are loading from CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT (Rename the files to *.BAK or place a REM in front of each driver load statement). (May not apply to WinXP?)
10. Do not record from a compressed drive.
11. Log off all network connections.
12. Make sure the C: drive has plenty of free space, recommend about 1 1/2 times the amount you want to record to CD.
13. Make sure the firmware on the recorder is current - most manufacturers publish the latest firmware on their web site [USE WITH EXTREME CAUTION AND ONLY AS A LAST RESORT (OR DO NOT ATTEMPT AT ALL) AS A FAILED FIRMWARE UPGRADE WILL MAKE YOUR DRIVE COMPLETLEY DEAD & UNREPAIRABLE].
Thanks for the tips, got realplayer burning by lowering the speed. Mediaplayer needed an update from microsoft, if you come across anyone having the same problems with mediaplayer with the error code C00D11AB the update from the windows help page will do the trick.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.