have a microsoft outlook email problem

carnoustiejim 18:44 16 Jan 2017

hi I'm having problem with my email my friend sends me midi files which sometimes go into my junk folder the files are not there and it says to send email to my inbox when I do the midi file has changed to an internet file which does not open the midi file o/s windows 10 can you help thanks kirriejim

difarn 17:14 17 Jan 2017

What happens if you mark the file as "not junk" if that option is available to you in your version of outlook? Normally it would put it into your inbox. See if it changes if you do this.

Opening a midi file may need a permission. This can usually be given by right clicking on the file and choosing from the options - e.g. Windows Media Player, or similar.

carnoustiejim 15:16 22 Jan 2017

hi disarm it does not change when I put it back to my inbox thanks for reply sorry a bit late in replying been busy kirriejim

difarn 17:41 22 Jan 2017

Have you tried right-clicking on the file and choosing from the options available to open it?

carnoustiejim 14:01 28 Jan 2017

hi d1farn problem solved changed file extension thanks again for you info kirriejim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs