Have I fell for one.

COUCHER 21:56 19 Apr 2006

Just got an Email offering 'Serif Page Plus 10' plus a resorce disk for £9.99 and decided to buy it. I have bought other things from Serif before but when I filled out the form to buy this I got an error message saying 'You card provider will not comply to this request, please check if you used the correct information or try using a different card'. This made me think I may have fallen for a dupe (Why would they ask me to use another card). They already had my address and even the expiry date of the card.
Does anyone know if this is a genuine offer or should I get the card cancelled.
Thanks if anyone can help.
Can't find anywhere on Serif to check.

Dan

woodchip 22:00 19 Apr 2006

Contact them by phone, I normally pay for offers that way

COUCHER 22:17 19 Apr 2006

Thanks Mate Will try.

BRYNIT 22:21 19 Apr 2006

As the Serif page plus 11 is out now it could be genuine, but I would contact Serif to confirm this.

Sales:
Phone: (0800) 376-7070
Fax: (0115) 914-2020
8:00 am - 8:45 pm, Monday - Friday, GMT
8:00 am - 4:45 pm, Saturday, GMT
E-mail: [email protected]

If it was not from Serif you should contact your credit card company.

anniecat 22:30 19 Apr 2006

I have PP10 and the resource but I got that email too.. I usually phone them if I have a problem or want to order something.
I'll give Serif their due they've given me up to date programmes free if I've asked if I could return something I didn't like or want and knocked money off what I'd bought as well. Very generous firm.

spuds 23:09 19 Apr 2006

I would definitely check with Serif, about card security. If you cannot get through on BRYNIT's telephone number, then try this one 0800 376 5448

phono 23:14 19 Apr 2006

You should be okay, this happened to me some time ago, it was a server problem or something.

I also purchased PP10 with resource CD from Serif recently for £9.99 so I think you can rest at ease, it is a genuine offer.

GaT7 00:03 20 Apr 2006

Interestingly, a Serif sister site is offering v9 for £9.99 with a free digicam click here (similarly PhotoPlus 8, WebPlus 8 & so on), but no sign of v10. Cannot find v10 for less than £45 (except on eBay of course!)

Couple of reviews for v10 click here & click here, plus a v11 review by our very own PCA click here. G

Stuartli 00:08 20 Apr 2006

Blimey, they must have huge stocks of those digicams - they were offering them two or three years ago...:-)

phono 00:42 20 Apr 2006

I ordered mine from The Gadget Store.com which is part of the Serif empire, it was £9.99 for PP10 + resource CD and a further £3 for P+P.

This offer was received via an email sent to me for TGS.com as an existing Serif customer, I have also had offers for Impact Plus 5, etc, for the same price. It always seems to be the version which precedes the latest release, I also receive the same offers via Royal Mail

ventanas 09:17 20 Apr 2006

Well I ordered it from the email and it was delivered a few days ago. Perfectly genuine.

It could be that you are using a type of card that is not useable on that site. I would check the supported cards, there is usually a list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?