have another look please

denis93c 12:34 30 Oct 2004

would you kind people please have another look at my thread called START UP XP as i am still having problems.
sorry for making a new thread but i had no start up for nearly 24 hours.

VoG II 12:37 30 Oct 2004

Previous thread click here

Are you saying that when you did as suggested you can no longer get into Windows?

We really need some more details.

denis93c 14:14 30 Oct 2004

when when windows starts up,i get a log on box coming up with my name DENIS then i am prompted to enter a password,when i do it says log on details incorrect,so i leave password blank and click log on ,and it does.
in the previous i did every thing from control userpasswords2 to the end,but still have the same problem,i must be doing it wrong some how.

VoG II 14:20 30 Oct 2004

Use TweakUI click here

Click on the + next to Logon then on Autologon, and set it to log you on automatically.

denis93c 15:07 30 Oct 2004

tried that,i am getting error message at startup THE SYSTEM COULD NOT LOG YOU ON.MAKE SURE USER NAME AND DOMAIN ARE CORRECT,THEN TYPE YOUR PASSWORD AGAIN.LETTERS IN PASSWORDS MUST BE TYPED USING CORRECT CASE.

spikeychris 16:38 30 Oct 2004

This problem can occur because the Autologon feature is attempting an automatic logon for a user account that does not exist click here

denis93c 17:14 30 Oct 2004

sorry for being so stupid,but i dont know what to do hellllp.

VoG II 17:31 30 Oct 2004

click here should help.

Be aware that if you use the registry editor editor incorrectly you can end up with a machine that won't boot. Print out the instructions and follow them carefully.

spikeychris 18:04 30 Oct 2004

The above link from VoG is a user friendly version of the M$ link I gave you. Just follow the info to the letter and you will be fine.

denis93c 18:29 30 Oct 2004

still same problem,right there are 3 accounts
1.administrater
2.denis. thats me
3.guest account. turned of
what am i doing wrong apart going for a new brain?

VoG II 18:39 30 Oct 2004

OK. The Guest account is normally turned off - don't worry about that.

Do you see the two other accounts on the Welcome screen with a choice of which to log on as?

If so, do you get prompted for a password with both of them?

When you first installed XP or set the PC up, did you set an Administrator password?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)