harddrive problems

holly polly 21:15 19 Jul 2003

hi ever since i bought this computor i have had problems wsith the harddrive ,shut down properly yesterday ,fired up today -scandisc came up improper shutdown checking disc for errors ,tried doing a standard scandisc could not suggest thorough,this i did after shutting down all programs screensaver etc scandisc got to within of 23100 of end of checking clusters and then froze the harddrive has been reformatted a number of times windows is fully updated with the patches from microsoft yet when my harddrive reaches a certain capacity the scandisc reports errors,is my harddrive had it or caN I REPAIR IT ,ALL ANSWERS AS USUAL GREATFULLY RECIVED ,CHEERS -HOL POL...

madPentium 21:28 19 Jul 2003

If you go to the manufacturers web site for your hard drive, they usually have good testing software which you download for their products. Also, a lot of the time if there is a problem it fixes it. If there is a problem with it, bin it. It isnt worth the aggrovation or the risk to keep in onboard.

Rayuk 21:32 19 Jul 2003

Dont you mean RMA it under warranty if possible

holly polly 21:56 19 Jul 2003

harddrive doin me head in ,resolved myself to get a new drive thinking about a maxtor 120 gig ,what do you chaps reccomend?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?