Hot Topics

Hard Drives not being picked up in Bios Help!

RobCharles1981 15:38 23 Feb 2019

Hi all need help here,

My motherboard is the P8Z77-V LX Motherboard and since I've had this board I've had no problems!

I recently brought an additional hard drive and was going to transfer data across too by removing one of my hard drives, But I was going to attempt this by a USB Data Adaptor.

I have 6 Internal Sata hard drives and two of them are SSD, and one of the drives are controlled by a Sata Control Card via a Sata Power Molex

So I simply attempted to just plug my hard drive back in and all should be fine, but no!!

Windows and Bios are not picking up 3 of my other drives, I've tried everything to playing around the cables and connections tried swapping a Sata Power Connector still nothing!

Any idea what is happening here?

Thanks Rob

RobCharles1981 18:09 24 Feb 2019

Hi FB its only those 3 Controllers not working most odd! In Bios I've set the Sata Mode to ACHI, currently looking to see if there is a new driver for my controller.

RobCharles1981 20:28 24 Feb 2019

Found a newer driver for my Sata Connections here: click here the file and attempted to install it says "This Computer Does Not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software?

Downloaded

RobCharles1981 19:25 25 Feb 2019

I'm currently awaiting for a Sata Power and also an external caddy to test which will be arriving tomorrow.

RobCharles1981 20:41 25 Feb 2019

Also anyone know where I may get an appropriate shipping box to place my drives in? I will pop these into a computer shop for them to put it on a test bench?

RobCharles1981 00:05 26 Feb 2019

Further to add one my hard drives is connected via a Sata Control Card one like this: click here too is powered via a Sata to Molex Connector and a data cable. That Drive is not being picked up! The Driver I know is 100% installed but that and my remaining hard drives are not picked up!

Any suggestions?

That

RobCharles1981 16:47 26 Feb 2019

A Big Update!

I took my PC into a local computer shop to sort this out. It turns out 3 Dead Hard Drives! With a PCB Fault that can be fixed of about £330!

Now I have suspicions that the problem was down to this dodgy Sata Adapter I had brought from Amazon, when I plugged that in my surge protector it smoked and went "Bang!" so what am I rights to claim compensation from Amazon regarding this?

Thanks Rob

RobCharles1981 15:16 08 Mar 2019

Another Update.

Went back into the Computer Shop where I do Volunteering there with my Computer in order to replace the PCB's

We have narrowed down the problem to a faulty PSU/ they also suggested it could be the Sata Controller on the motherboard failing but I have a new PSU on the way from Corsiar.

Will be considering upgrading to new parts in due course.

Cheers Rob

RobCharles1981 16:02 12 Mar 2019

More updates had my new psu delivered yesterday and installed it today.

Plugged everything in and it posts fine but is stuck on the Windows loading screen and wont move from there.

Tried a startup repair and also loading from my Windows 7 dvd still the same boat?

Im thinking its a bad psu?

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks Rob

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:34 12 Mar 2019

Tried booting in safemode?

RobCharles1981 18:38 12 Mar 2019

Yep still the same problem A very strange one this!

I shut down - removed two sticks of ram tested - got back to desktop! Shut Down placed the sticks back in back to desk top!

Now my Drive D tells me there is a smart error! At the Bios Screen and its listed as "Raw" in disk Management! - So I hope I can recover any data on that drive.

I had brought another backup drive intended to use as a another storage drive - picks up in Disk Management but there is a Device I/o Error!

This has to be a motherboard problem I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Realme X50 Pro 5G confirmed: Release date, price & specs

How do you brand real estate for Generation Rent?

Best free iPhone apps

iPad et iPhone : comment installer Microsoft Office gratuitement ?