Hard Drives not being picked up in Bios Help!

RobCharles1981 15:38 23 Feb 2019

Hi all need help here,

My motherboard is the P8Z77-V LX Motherboard and since I've had this board I've had no problems!

I recently brought an additional hard drive and was going to transfer data across too by removing one of my hard drives, But I was going to attempt this by a USB Data Adaptor.

I have 6 Internal Sata hard drives and two of them are SSD, and one of the drives are controlled by a Sata Control Card via a Sata Power Molex

So I simply attempted to just plug my hard drive back in and all should be fine, but no!!

Windows and Bios are not picking up 3 of my other drives, I've tried everything to playing around the cables and connections tried swapping a Sata Power Connector still nothing!

Any idea what is happening here?

Thanks Rob

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:12 23 Feb 2019

were you plugging / unplugging while "hot" i.e. PC on and running?

RobCharles1981 17:30 23 Feb 2019

Nope,

Computer was fully shut down.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:51 23 Feb 2019

check if there is a BIOS setting to enable SATA ports.

RobCharles1981 19:36 23 Feb 2019

Thanks FB will have a look......

RobCharles1981 20:59 23 Feb 2019

href here

alanrwood 09:11 24 Feb 2019

Photobucket says the link is not valid.

RobCharles1981 12:44 24 Feb 2019

Hi Alan here is the link:

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:24 24 Feb 2019

have you tried moving them around to see if its the drive or the ports cauing the problem?

RobCharles1981 16:45 24 Feb 2019

Hi FB

Yeah did that, even stripped out the computer and replugging everything in. Even tried adding another drive but they don't spin up!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:51 24 Feb 2019

so its the ports not working?

Have a trawl through the BIOS and look for SATA controllers make sure set to AHCI unless you need to reinstall the stat controllers in windows

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?