HARD DRIVE ISSUE

ba2dmi 00:09 28 Jul 2008

I have XP

i have two hard drives c drive and a j drive. I can open the c drive fine and i can see all of my folders. However when i go to the j drive and try to open it it takes me to a box that says open with then i have to chose a program to open the drive. i cannot just double click for it to open.

I have recently removed a trojan from this drive and ever since this has been removed im unable to open the drive

any suggestion.

Cheers

UncleP 00:20 28 Jul 2008

What does it say about the J: drive in the Disk Management page?

rubykhanna 05:55 28 Jul 2008

make sure your drive j is formatted or not..

ba2dmi 10:31 28 Jul 2008

hi all it says its fine on the disc managment screen. but then i click on it it says there is a file missing

Batch 14:15 28 Jul 2008

Is the J drive a separate physical disk or just another partition on the same physical disk as the C drive?

Did you create the J drive or did someone else create it?

ba2dmi 19:15 29 Jul 2008

i added another hard drive to the computer

Dizzy Bob 19:32 29 Jul 2008

When you go to the box that says 'choose a program to open with' you may also find that there is a tick box that says 'always use this' or similar.

Check the box and it should then always associate that program with the function selected.

DB

ba2dmi 21:20 29 Jul 2008

i have chosen to open with ie but the tick box is grey'd out

Joe R 21:25 29 Jul 2008

ba2dmi,

it is explorer you should be using to open it with, and not IE (internet explorer).

ba2dmi 22:24 01 Aug 2008

yeah sorry i am using explorer but is there a way i can just double click on it to work?

woodchip 22:31 01 Aug 2008

Why not remove your stuff of the drive then delete the Partition and repartition and format it using disc manager

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?