Hard drive install

slim 65 19:29 30 Dec 2004

I purchased a new 2nd hard drive today for my 18 month old mesh. I did not realise until I got it home and tried to install it that the four screws supplied were the wrong fittings and what I need are some sort of spring clips. Any advice on what and where please.

csqwared 19:42 30 Dec 2004

The only place that comes to mind is Maplin at click here - they tend to stock all the little bits and pieces required.

slim 65 20:06 30 Dec 2004

Thanks for your link but I cant find what is required. I suppose it is my fault for not looking but I only wish that the salesperson had indicated to me that the pack might not contain the correct fittings. I just assumed that the drive would fit a relatively new pc and all the bits would be bundled.

csqwared 20:27 30 Dec 2004

It might pay you, if you have a shop locally, to pop in. It can sometimes be a bit difficult to find the smaller items on their web site and the guys in the shop are usually extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

slim 65 20:41 30 Dec 2004

Yes, I think I'll give that a go in the morning.

slim 65 16:12 31 Dec 2004

Went into small local pc shop as suggested. Not only did he have the parts in stock he refused to take any payment , just gave them to me with his complements.

I know where I will be spending money in the future! Wonderful service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Gmail : comment annuler l’envoi d’un e-mail ?