Harassment via Gmail and tracing of IP

Enquirer555 09:36 19 Mar 2018

Under what circumstances will the police subpoena Gmail for an IP address? I have been harassed by my ex girfriend but it has stopped a few months ago. She has not so much harassed me as she harassed my other ex girlfriend and my ex wife. I have recently gone on a dating site and started chatting to this woman. I told this woman about my ex and she emailed my ex to try make peace. I think this woman I was chatting is actually my ex trying to get information. If I go to the police will they do anything? I have also gotten an email from my exe's husband where he says that I must stop lying to this woman I'm chatting to on the date site. The date site woman never contacted me again and blocked me after my ex told her I was lying. What do I do? Will the police help?

Forum Editor 14:47 19 Mar 2018

Police will only become involved in a situation if they see evidence that a crime has, or is about to be committed.

From what you've said here I can see no evidence of a crime - it's a personal domestic issue. Whether or not you approach the Police is a matter for you to decide - we aren't lawyers, and we're not here to provide advice relating to personal relationships.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

50 Cent is Iron Man in these comic book cover reissues of hip hop classics

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?