Green screen on my laptop!!

Serif Serifi 12:26 01 Aug 2018

Yesterday, i was playing a game on my laptop and all of a sudden, the screen went greenish. I exited the game and found out that my screen is still green. The funny thing is that the screen is green even when i turn my computer on. I don't know how to solve this. Help me!!! If you need a pic, tell me

wee eddie 15:05 01 Aug 2018

You will need to tell us more about your Laptop and its Operating System

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 01 Aug 2018

If it were an external screen I would normally say bad cable connection..Its possibly the same with a laptop the cable from motherboard to screen may be damaged or come loose ( try moving the lid backwards and forwards to see if it makes a difference).

otherwise it could be a failed graphics chip.

try connecting and external monitor or TV and see if the picture on that is the same.

Serif Serifi 21:49 01 Aug 2018

Sorry for not answering earlier xD. My operating system is windows 7 home premium.I also have:

4GB Ram memory

64bit OS

Intel HD graphics family(1696 memory)

Intel Pentium CPU B950 2.10 GHz

If you need more info, just tell me! Thanks

wee eddie 22:56 01 Aug 2018

I'm with Fruit Bat. Sounds as though the Ribbon Cable is either loose or damaged

Serif Serifi 09:49 02 Aug 2018

Is that cable expensive to change? Is it better off to buy a new computer?

alanrwood 13:53 02 Aug 2018

If that is the problem then it is most likely the cable is not damaged, just needs reseating at one or both ends.

wee eddie 13:59 02 Aug 2018

Firstly, that is only a guess.

I would suspect that for a person unaccustomed to pulling laptops apart, the job would be fraught with unknown problems. Most towns have self employed people, who earn a living doing jobs like this. It could be worthwhile getting someone to look at it.

Alternatively, this could be an excuse to get yourself a new one

geoff96 14:47 02 Aug 2018

Your laptop should have a VGA or HDMI connector. If you have or can borrow a monitor, connect this and see if the screen is OK.

If it is, then it's probably a loose ribbon connector. If green then it's either software or more complicated hardware.

alanrwood 18:14 02 Aug 2018

Hi Wee eddie

What is "Firstly, that is only a guess." and by whom.

wee eddie 18:27 02 Aug 2018

Fruitbat's

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Threadripper 2990WX review

New Nvidia graphics cards offer 'industry-changing' real-time raytracing on your computer for the…

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Les meilleurs téléphones portables basiques (2018)