Green screen on my laptop!!

Serif Serifi 12:26 01 Aug 2018

Yesterday, i was playing a game on my laptop and all of a sudden, the screen went greenish. I exited the game and found out that my screen is still green. The funny thing is that the screen is green even when i turn my computer on. I don't know how to solve this. Help me!!! If you need a pic, tell me

wee eddie 15:05 01 Aug 2018

You will need to tell us more about your Laptop and its Operating System

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 01 Aug 2018

If it were an external screen I would normally say bad cable connection..Its possibly the same with a laptop the cable from motherboard to screen may be damaged or come loose ( try moving the lid backwards and forwards to see if it makes a difference).

otherwise it could be a failed graphics chip.

try connecting and external monitor or TV and see if the picture on that is the same.

Serif Serifi 21:49 01 Aug 2018

Sorry for not answering earlier xD. My operating system is windows 7 home premium.I also have:

4GB Ram memory

64bit OS

Intel HD graphics family(1696 memory)

Intel Pentium CPU B950 2.10 GHz

If you need more info, just tell me! Thanks

wee eddie 22:56 01 Aug 2018

I'm with Fruit Bat. Sounds as though the Ribbon Cable is either loose or damaged

Serif Serifi 09:49 02 Aug 2018

Is that cable expensive to change? Is it better off to buy a new computer?

alanrwood 13:53 02 Aug 2018

If that is the problem then it is most likely the cable is not damaged, just needs reseating at one or both ends.

wee eddie 13:59 02 Aug 2018

Firstly, that is only a guess.

I would suspect that for a person unaccustomed to pulling laptops apart, the job would be fraught with unknown problems. Most towns have self employed people, who earn a living doing jobs like this. It could be worthwhile getting someone to look at it.

Alternatively, this could be an excuse to get yourself a new one

geoff96 14:47 02 Aug 2018

Your laptop should have a VGA or HDMI connector. If you have or can borrow a monitor, connect this and see if the screen is OK.

If it is, then it's probably a loose ribbon connector. If green then it's either software or more complicated hardware.

alanrwood 18:14 02 Aug 2018

Hi Wee eddie

What is "Firstly, that is only a guess." and by whom.

wee eddie 18:27 02 Aug 2018

Fruitbat's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

MWC 2019: Xiaomi, Samsung, Huawei, Nokia, LG, Sony & Microsoft

Illustrator Owen Davey on how he's created a successful series of animal-themed children's picture…

WWDC 2019: Dates, what to expect, and how to get tickets

Battlefiled 6 ou Battlefront 3 pour 2019 ?