graphics cards

steve25138703 13:16 25 Jan 2005

hi im going to be building my first pc in a couple of weeks and im really stuck on what graphics card to buy theres so much out there i have up tp £200 to spend on it. any feed back would be great thenks. steve.

t.long 13:21 25 Jan 2005

I presume you want to play games? If not there are much cheaper options out there.

Eurbiz 13:44 25 Jan 2005

Hi Steve
I installed a graphics card in a dell dimension (P4 2.5Ghz 512MB) last week. This was in response to my 17 year old nephew wanting to play the latest PC games etc.

After a good deal of research, I purchased and fitted a Geforce FX 5700 256 MB Ultra card from click here It was £99.99 delivered the next day and backed up by a knowledgeable and efficient service.

Card slots in your AGP slot and requires a power supply so make sure you got spare power connectors!

Results have proved to be very impressive graphics running games like "half life 2" "Soldner" and the like which demand a helluva lot from your onboard graphics installation.

Of course you could go to a higher spec card but I feel it may only be necessary if you are into total gaming online etc.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Patrick

citadel 19:47 25 Jan 2005

gforce 6600gt, or 6800.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?