Graphics card overheats on certain games

Appa12333 16:38 30 Jun 2018

Hello, I have recently bought a gtx 1060 6gb sc from EVGA and have had an issue with it since. Whenever i play certain games the graphics card goes mental, it gets very loud and very hot and then eventually just crashes, when it crashes the LED's stay on my pc and i have to turn it on and off from the power supply to restart. The main game that seems to make it crash is Fortnite, however it does the same on games such as scrap mechanic and even golf it. However it can run battlefield 1 very smoothly and quietly as well as gta v and other more demanding games. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks :)

wee eddie 17:10 30 Jun 2018

Check out the airflow in the case. Clean filters and fans

wee eddie 17:11 30 Jun 2018

Check out the airflow in the case. Clean filters and fans

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?